Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nintendo Gives us an Epic Mickey and a WHOLE LOT MORE!

    So I know I haven't posted in a while. But I've been busy. I've been playing a crazy amount of games and honestly I think I'm at video game overload right now. So here I am to talk about the EPIC NINTENDO PRESS CONFERENCE. This was BY FAR the best showing of the whole of E3 with the exception of perhaps EA/Ubisoft. Nintendo knows its fans have wanted a descent announcement and showing since the Wii launched way back when.

  The announcing of Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kid Icaraus for the Nintendo 3DS, Epic Mickey, Mario Sports Mix, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Lest we not forget Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword; hardcore gamers have seriously gotten what they wanted. With the giant burn of Super Mario Galaxy 2 fresh in the blown out eyes of fans most of these games will be coming out this year or early next. This is unprecedented for Wii and Nintendo.

   As you might know I really dislike Nintendo and their previous business model. While successful, I felt as industry leaders they should have been more responsible. This is certainly coming through with this show. The NIntendo 3DS is absolutely fabulous and everyone will want one when it comes out. Let me put it this way. It is all ways connected to the internet it plays 3D movies and it also plays games at resolutions that compete with the XBOX 360 and PS3. No details were given on price or date of release but hey, I'm hoping this thing will be affordable at launch so hopefully it will hit late enough to deliver a descent retail. I'm thinking $250. So even though I don't own a Wii and haven't touched my DS in about two years. I have to say that I am absolutely thrilled with what is going to happen in Nintendo's future.

  So unlike the other two big console holders this year, Nintendo knows it's core audience and isn't talking down to them or treating them like a cash station. Good on Nintendo.

No comments: