Monday, June 21, 2010

Crackdown 2 Demo! WoW!

   I tried out the demo a little while ago, twice.  I can’t believe they are pre-loading achievements now.  You just do the stuff to unlock the achievements and then when your time expires it shows which achievements will come up when you play the full game.

     The game is amazing.  Why?  Well, it’s still the same old Crackdown but the experience seems much more story driven.  You are lead more or less from point to point.  If you don’t want to do it that way, that’s fine there is no penalty for it.  But the game does encourage you to do this.  I think in the demo your evolution is probably accelerated as I was all most maxed out on strength during the limited time the demo allowed.  Also, I managed to get all most to max on my agility as well, which I know can’t be that easy.

  So even with this in mind, I have to say that Crackdown 2 seems like a much better game than Crackdown, the original.  Even if most of the tropes and graphics are intact from the first one.  Perhaps the game could easily get repetitive.  But from what I played it seemed like a definite rental if nothing else.  That’s pretty good for such a short demo.

No comments: