Friday, June 18, 2010

E3 2010 Games of Show! And Lightning!

   So after getting home this morning, early!  And going to see Jonah Hex with friends.  I decided I should start thinking of what my games of show would be for E3.  I didn’t get to play everything I would have liked, but hey there are only so many hours in the day.  The lightning, part of this is, the fact that tonight in Chicago we are having some CRAZY storms.  I’m just glad I came back this morning and not tonight.

   All right first and foremost, numero uno!  Star Wars the Old Republic.  The best thing at E3 other than the 3DS was this game.  I have never been more excited for an MMO in my life, except maybe World of Warcraft Burning Crusade Beta.  But that is another story.  Anyway,  I was SO stoked to see all the powers and options the player gets in this game and I can’t wait til Spring of 2011 to play this bad boy.  Sign me up and prepare to be destroyed by the Dark Side you filthy Jedi!

 

    Second, I’m going to have to give this one to RAGE!  The Id game that left my jaw on the floor and a puddle at my feet(not really its hyperbole, look it up).   The graphics are incredible, the world is well realized, and the A.I. is stellar.  I cannot wait to get my grimy mitts on this game.  Although it is still set for a far flung future date.  Probably holiday of 2011.  But who knows, maybe Quakecon will reveal a release window.

    Third, Dead Space 2, yes I’ve made it to number 3 without mentioning a sequel.  But I think this is it for a while.  This game looks better, plays better, and I’m going to boot up my copy of Dead Space to check, but I think it even animates better than the last one.  I love this game and wish it was out right now so I could skip finishing Dead Space one and go right after it.

   Fourth, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood.  I just picked up my very own copy of Assassin’s Creed 2.  I’m around half way through the campaign and when I saw this ordered it right from my hotel.  I really need to finish #2 and I really loved everything they did with multiplayer for Brotherhood.  It was fun and chaotic.  I loved it.  I can’t wait to get the game and boot up some matches to assassinate random people online.  Because you know you deserve it.
      Fifth, Marvel versus Capcom 3: FTW.  This game is INCREDIBL!  I was SO thrilled to get a chance to play this game.  It plays just as wonderfully as Super Street Fighter IV and it really handles the character drop ins and combo moves wonderfully.  I can’t wait to play the full game next April.  Which it will be out in April right Capcom? Right?

    Sixth, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.  This is probably going to be my most anticipated racing title of the year and until I’m done with Blur probably my only one.  Test Drive Unlimited and Gran Turismo 5 look fine.  But neither have the kind of awesome arcady action of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and to have a whole career as a COP!  That is just AWESOME.

    Seventh, Rock Band 3.  Real Guitars, keyboards, and awesome new visuals?  What more could you ask of a music game these days?  I don’t know, but when you figure it out let me know.  This game was awesome to play and I can’t wait to start learning guitar.  What I am worried about is price, this game could go from 7th most interested to last game on earth I would buy; if it comes it over $300.

     Eighth, now we start to go all crazy, Comic Jumper.  This game was great in the Pre-E3 stuff I’d seen, but all the new stuff at E3.  Made me want this title even more.  The guys that made the Maw and Spolsion Man are making this so you know it’s good.  I can’t wait.

     Ninth, Vanquish, now I know I just put a XBLA game above an awesome game from Platinum but my problem with this game is that I’ve seen too little of it.  I REALLY enjoyed what I saw, but my worry is that this game is going to get repetitive.  I know the folks at Platinum did an AWESOME job with Bayonetta so I have faith.  But it’s a suspicious kind of faith.

     Tenth, Castlevania Lord of Shadows.  Yes, it might be a little bit of a rip off of Dante’s Inferno; but I loved Dane’s Inferno.  So I don’t really care.  They say there will be puzzle elements, which worries me.  But otherwise, I’m really psyched about this game and can’t wait to play it.

    Just so you folks don’t think me completely insane; by saying that Nintendo had the best press conference and then not mentioning one single Nintendo game, I would like to collectively say that I would miss all of these games if the 3DS came out tomorrow.  Because I would be playing Street Fighter IV on 3DS for the next 8 months.  Also, I would have probably picked up Resident Evil and Kid Icarus so I would not getting any writing done on the site either.  3DS is supposed to launch sometime around March 4 of 2011 in the US.  I would venture to say the only thing that will keep me away from playing that console 24/7 will be sleep, work, and Star Wars Old Republic(Assuming it’s out by then).

   I have to admit that this was the first showing of Wii titles since the two No More Heroes games that made me mad that I didn’t have a Wii.  But hey Epic Mickey comes out around end of December beginning of January maybe I’ll grab one  after Nintendo has their holiday price cut so I can play Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid other M, and the 2 No More Heroes games that don’t look like they are getting ported to the XBOX 360 in the US.  Or maybe I’ll just wait for Wii #2, which has to be coming out by Fall of Next year.  I mean come on…  Although everyone thought they would announce one this year.  Mmmmm….  This is going t be an expensive 12 months.  Anyone hiring out there?  I think I’m going to need at 2nd or 3rd job.

No comments: