Tuesday, October 16, 2007

XBOX LIVE MARKETPLACE: Stop Hiding Content!

First off I just want to say that I LOVE XBOX LIVE MARKETPLACE. I am on there just about every night looking for new content for games, videos, free gamer pics and themes, and of course any other goodies that might be up for grabs. Problem is this, the content can be REALLY hard to find. It also changes not only the place where it is at but what is in those places often. The last straw was today when I heard that a new Halo 3 Short Film had popped up on the service and I went to look for it. I couldn't find it. So I had to go to the internet, specifically to XBOX360fanboy.
These folks had actually explained where exactly to go to find this video because it was THAT hard to find. All this would mean for the service would be to simply actually put the new videos on the front pages rather than just everything that came out in the last two weeks for one area. I wish they would actually cut up the content not directly put up with a game in a separated form rather than just all clumped together and shoved somewhere. I'm sure most of these videos have little to no download rank. I hope for the Fall update they decide to properly categorize these ridiculous general areas. No more clips, Community Game Videos, and the ever elusive Game Videos.
All of this was fine when there were a couple of hundred of pieces of content on the service but as Microsoft says, "There are over a 1,000 pieces of content on XBOX LIVE MARKETPLACE." Well, that's great guys, now make sure everyone can find all of it.

No comments: