Friday, October 19, 2007

Nintendo says that Games don't need hype!



The article on Multiplayer Blog talks about the problems journalists have covering Nintendo Games because Nintendo doesn't want to talk about them. This is just another sign of Nintendo backing out of the game industry. They are becoming a toy company. They seem to have the same attitude about the rest of the game industry as I have about professional soccer. I acknowledge it exists but I don't care about what happens in it.
Even with their horrible game sales for games like Metroid; Nintendo still won't help their sales with larger marketing campaigns. I guess this is because Alpha Moms and little kids don't read enthusiast press magazines or websites.
I don't really think that this is much of an issue. If Nintendo doesn't want to talk to press about their games; then I guess only Nintendo can be blamed when the games don't sell well. Finally, as Nintendo veers further away from the mainstream industry it will have a harder time getting developers to work with them. I'm sure Nintendo will do well with this new strategy, because Tiger Electronics has has been in business for as long as I can remember and that is the industry that Nintendo is entering.

No comments: