Tuesday, October 9, 2007

CROM would be PROUD! Conan Demo on XBL Marketplace!

I just finished playing Conan: the Game from THQ's demo on XBOX LIVE MARKETPLACE. The demo is a lot of fun and has a pretty smart fighting system. The only problem I had with the game were primarily two things. One was the kind of ugly model that they used for the Pirate Queen. She is voiced by Claudia Black; a very beautiful actress and I'm sure they could have used her face to map the mouth animations and eyes rather than just trying for a really poor approximation. Conan's walking animation makes him look like an ape or Neanderthal. Even for a barbarian this is a little too much.
In the realm of things, however, these are very minor complaints and it is a demo. For the first time in the publicizing of this game, I'm actually excited to get my hands on the final version coming out on October 23 for the XBOX 360 and the PS3. Good job THQ!

No comments: