Thursday, October 11, 2007

No Footballers Wanna Kick it around, they just wanna play Halo!


"...The English working class is turning its back on football - and that is not my fault. It may sound old and corny but when I was growing up, working class lads like me in the east end lived and breathed football.

Now I rarely see a kickabout in the park. All I see are the dazzling lights of bedroom windows from the glare of TVs and computers. It seems football cannot compete with an Xbox..."NEXT-Gen says

Wow, it must be tough.. Professional sports here in America are too populated by perspective hopefuls. I would think it is the same in the UK. Otherwise, maybe they aren't paying them enough or making them big enough stars. Because if asked, I would think one would rather be a Professional Athlete than a gamer. It does pay, if nothing else. Besides, I don't think Victoria Beckham would have married a gamer rather than the star Footballer.

If it is a discussion of TV ratings or Ticket sales, this guy might want to wake up and smell the coffee. The advent of internet, DVDs, and video games popularity. Has slaughtered every sport and television shows rating numbers. That's just the 21st Century. Sorry man...



No comments: