Monday, May 4, 2009

Wolverine Origins the Game: The Demo!

   So yeah, I know...  The game is out.  But I don't have the game yet and I'm sure many other people out there that aren't hardcore X-Men fans or made of money, might not either.

Anyway, The demo is now available on XBOX LIVE which is where I got it.  The graphics in this title are AWESOME.  I love the Full Motion Video, but the in game graphics are first rate.  Any game that shows you healing amazingly serious wounds in real time is doing some nice stuff graphically.

  The game is basically a brawler with very light platforming.  I hope there isn't too much coming on the platforming end because there really isn't any need for it.  The demo takes place in what is supposed to be African jungle but it looks more like something out of King Kong.  But hey, it's a all window dressing for the combat.  This game could really stand on gameplay alone.

  The combat is incredibly fun and unlike EVERY OTHER SUPER HERO BRAWLER I"VE EVER PLAYED it would be OK if it got repetitive.   Because the detail and variety of the combat is second to none.  Here's hoping Batman Arkham Asylum is half as good when it comes out later this summer(much later as it turns out).

   Raven obviously took a great deal of care and interest in making this game a REAL WOLVERINE game and not a movie based Wolverine game.  Because there is nothing PG-13 about this game.  It's R all the way!

   By the time the crazy Lava monster busts out in the last scene of the demo all you want to do is take it on.  Which is probably the desired effect.  I have to say this is the FIRST movie game I would SERIOUSLY consider buying!  Which is the ONLY way I would get it and time soon considering my rental slots are all full.

   So go play the demo, and maybe you too will feel inspired to buy the game; or at least rent it.

No comments: