Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fight Night Round 4 Demo: An intelligent Boxing game? WOW!

  This morning the demo for Fight Night Round 4 launched for a modest 9999 Microsoft Points.  Which only proves that someone was playing the demo before they set all the critical stats for the download screen.  The price has, of course returned to free.

   Except for the boring trailer and unnecessary tutorial the ACTUAL boxing in this game is AWESOME!  I was shocked at how differently each boxer played.  You get to play two different boxers.  Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton and Manny "Pac-Man" Pacquiao.  One is a more close in puncher and works better with body punches the other seems much more proficient at head shots that are followed up by said body punches.  There certainly have been minor changes to speed or finesse in previous versions of Fight Night but this game ACTUALLY makes the experience feel different from boxer to boxer.

   I'm usually unusually positive about demos and betas but in this case considering you can play either boxer over and over for as long as you like; I think I might actually be right about this one.  This game is shaping up to be the most awesome game in the series yet.  Which is I'm sure what EA is hoping.  And as I will only be getting this game and Madden this year from EA SPORTS; I hope they are right.

No comments: