Sunday, May 17, 2009

TRIAL OF THE WEEK! Iris: it's not a game?

   Iris is NOT a game.  Which I know probably flies in the face of this column.  But I didn't know it wasn't a game when I began to mess with it and I soon found myself wholly signed on to the Iris experience.  Do you like music?  Do you want to see it?  Really, I'm not joking.  There are at least 3 or 4 visualizers in this program that will allow you to SEE the MUSIC!  So you think this is just another crappy visualizer program?  No, it's amazing, some of the visualizers are silly and meant to be just for laughs like Tank Wars,  but most are really amazing.

  This program is for all of you out there who have lots of gamer pics and themes.  You know who you are, don't try and tell me there are none of you out there.  Well, waste your points on something TRULY cool this time.  The trial version is timed, so load up some of your most awesome music and give it a spin.  Then it's only 200 points to get the permenant version with lots of different UIs and unlimited playback.

 

Symmetry is one of the better visualizers but you pick your favorite.  It won't take long to find one.  If this all seems like garbage to you, just try it.  If you hate, delete it right away.  But especially for parties I could see this being a really fun toy.

   Cause that's really all it is, a toy and that's all it's trying to be.

No comments: