Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bionic Commando Multiplayer Demo(XBOX 360)

     Just had a chance to hit the Bionic Commando Multiplayer Demo.  The demo consists of one map and unless you reset the mode you only get to play it once.  The graphics are pretty descent but it seems that the multiplayer isn't taking full advantage of what they are probably using in single player.

     The gameplay itself is fast and frenetic.  There are two ways of attacking, you can use a weapon which have power ups all over the map. Or you can pull someone toward you and beat them up.  I wouldn't really advise that last one unless you get rather good at with some practice; it's not easy.  The shooting however, is VERY easy.  Old action XBOX LIVE Arcade style.  I played around 6 matches with about eight people each.  I never really got the hang of the bionic arm.  At least not so that I could count on it.  I didn't mind the swinging but climbing something would normally be too arduous to bother with during battle.  Going across and even down were fine; but UP, not usually worth the risk of being exposed for long enough to do that.

     The game was a lot of fun, but it was more arcade fun than triple A action title fun.  What I'm hoping is that the single player will be more intense and complex than this mode is.  Also having the camera moved all the way back like it is, really cuts down on the appreciation of the experience itself.  I have seen some incredible boss battles in the single player so I think I can muddle through anything less sophisticated to get to those.

     The demo is free of course, so if your curious about all this, go and check it out.  Just be prepared, it's more like XBOX LIVE ARCADE heavy than AAA game light.

No comments: