Friday, May 1, 2009

Marvel Versus Capcom 2 Demo hits PSN (PSN,XBLA)

      There is a demo for Marvel Versus Capcom 2 on Playstation Network right now.  Now before you all go off and download it.  Keep something in mind it is a LOCAL MULTIPLAYER ONLY DEMO!  That's right, no online multiplayer of ANY KIND and NO SINGLE PLAYER at ALL!

    Now, if your still interested in getting the demo.  Enjoy...  The demo itself is AMAZING!  The graphics are wonderful and the gameplay is vintage.  Everything works wonderfully.  There is an incredible tag in and out system from the original.  I thought I was being transported to an arcade machine.  I was VERY IMPRESSED.  I just wish they would have given us two or three levels of arcade to try out.  They give you a choice of six characters to choose from; Wolverine, Spider-man, Iron Man, Ryu, Strider, and Chun-Li.  I picked Spider-man, Wolverine, and Ryu.  This seemed pretty hard to beat and everything was incredibly fluid and allowed for frame specific responses.  I was impressed and I can't wait to play on my XBOX 360 arcade stick.

    Incidentally the screenshots don't do the graphics justice.  They are amazing.  Not quite as good as Street Fighter IV, of course, but they are EXCELLENT.

I haven't been this excited about a PSN/XBLA since Dishwasher: Dead Samurai. Unfortunately the demo is ONLY available on PSN, my guess is that there will be more features for the demo rolled out before the game launches and XBLA wants only the final version.  So hopefully there will be more coming.  This game is going to be wonderful.

No comments: