Wednesday, November 18, 2009

God of War 3 Demo in the HOUSE!

         So Giant Bomb has all ready run through this demo for all those who want to watch every moment.  However, I just got the demo yesterday; I pre-ordered God of War 3.  The demo is about as long as the above and even though I hit Helios on the first shot; it didn't shave much off the over all time.  I found was using the Fists of Cestus are amazing.  I tried using them for the latter half of the demo and they worked incredibly well.  You can ram enemies with them or ground pound.  Ramming normal enemies kills them, ground slamming does a good amount of damage to the whole group.  You can also use the group hit maneuver with the fists but with the fists its a sling shot move; usually into one enemy.  In most of the demos I've seen the fists seemed a bit weak; but there aren't weak at all, especially against groups that you can ram into.

        The quick time events are improved but not quite as good as some of the recent games that have come out using them.  I would have preferred in some cases just to not have the animation.  It kind of feels a little too formulaic in 2009 and definitely when the game comes out in 2010.  But hey this is the E3 demo, it even says so.  So maybe they will fix it.

       What I did like was the incredible graphical fidelity of the game.  Blood that rolls down Kratos arm as he dismembers an enemy.  Smoke that trails off from the bow once it disappears.  The glowing blades of Athena that even appear in the dark.  All of the weapons seemed to have completely unique animations.  I can't wait to see how they have improved the look and feel of the magic.  I will really be interested to see the final product.  It is incredible.  It does feel a little dated but God of War is God of War.  I'm sure the whole will be more than the sum of it's parts.

No comments: