Monday, March 19, 2012

King of Chinatown is on PSN for Download!(FGC)

       As some fans of this site might know; I’m a big fighting game fan.  When this movie was announced back a little more than a year ago I was completely stoked to see it.  When I saw that it was available for rent on PSN recently I was even more stoked.  I just watched the movie and I have to say that this is a great window into some gaming history.  Even if the lens is a little distorted; it can really speak to some of the stuff that is still going on even today in the community.  A lot of members of the community might think this movie is a little whack.  But for people who haven’t seen I GOT Next or seen anything else about the community this might be a good place to start.

     For my money I GOT Next is better.  You can watch that here.  There are lots of commercials; but it’s free, so get over it.  The main thing different about Chinatown and I Got Next is that Chinatown is more about Justin Wong and I Got Next is more about Gootecks and Mike Ross.  Either way, these three guys are majorly important in the community and everybody should check it out.

No comments: