Thursday, September 3, 2009

PSN to launch the reality show "Tester" in Dec. Really?

 

   So the story is that Sony is putting together auditions for their upcoming reality show about videogamers, called,"The Tester."  They are going to make it available for REAL MONEY on PSN this winter.  Really!  This isn't a joke.  And they want people to apply.  You have to fill out a questionnaire and a short video of why you should be in the show.  So I guess this is a silly question but, "Why would anyone pay ANYTHING to watch a bunch of fools try to beat each other at video games?"

  The only reason I can think of is that they are ALL REALLY HOT GIRLS.  Considering according a study that came out today the average PS3 owner is a 28 year old male.  So I would imagine that's about the only way to get his, or his 14 year old son's money.

   I just think that is yet another ridiculous foray into showing video games in a television show format that is guaranteed to fail.  But hey maybe some poor guy will get something out of this.  But I would say that the line under the Tester open casting call should be, "Only beautiful women 18-25 need apply."

  So I hope someone tells me how all this turns out.  Because it will be a COLD DAY IN HELL before I PAY to watch a REALITY SHOW.

No comments: