Thursday, January 24, 2008

Devil May Cry 4: Demo Impressions for the XBOX 360

   I just want to say right off the bat, that this is an awesome game and even though this is a timed demo, it is still wonderful.

   The game is coming out for both the XBOX360 and for the PS3.  According to developers the game was made for the PS3 first and then developed for the PS3.  With the ability to install the game on the PS3 it may seem like the better choice.  In fact, it is the better choice.  What?

   Believe it or not, it all comes down to controls.  If you are interested or are good at Devil May Cry; and when I say good I mean you get an A or S ranking most of the time on any difficulty other than Easy.  You will hate the controls for the XBOX 360 controller.  I guess you might be able to change the controls in the final game.  But constantly hitting the right button is annoying and virtually having to hold it down constantly is just annoying.  The Ps3 shoulder buttons are bigger and are easier to keep held down.  I haven't played the Japanese PS3 demo yet, but I will.  In past Devil May Crys the games controlled perfectly.  I never felt like I was fighting the controller to pull off moves.

      If you can change the controls in the game, I think the you could play either version of the game equally well.  But having constantly hold down any button on the XBOX 360 controller, I think would be annoying.   I will probably rent the 360 version to get achievements and buy the PS3 version.  I love the XBOX 360 but this time I just don't think the games will match up.  But it is only a demo...

    The demo allowed me to get a feel for the XBOX 360 controls and see the wonderful graphics in the game.  The graphics are beautiful and the enemies, while pretty much like a lot of the old enemies from the other games look very good in HD.  I especially liked the detail Nero and his cool sword.

    The CGI is top rate and I would love to see a DMC movie someday with that same tech driving it.

   So in the end the game is AWESOME, I can't wait to play the final versions and this demo just made me that much more excited for it.

If you have and XBOX 360, you couldn't do anything better than download the free demo today.  Even if you have Burnout Paradise all ready take some time off and download the game.  You can play offline, while it downloads.

No comments: