Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Of Worgens and Goblins! WTF?

   I haven't done a World of Warcraft post for a while as it appears that Project Lore is slowly self-destructing.  So I figured yesterday's "leak" of Worgens and Goblins as the new Races in the next expansion, apparently called Cataclysm would be a good post.  As I have a VERY strong opinion on this.

  Its ridiculous!  I honestly will say that this whole thing appeals to SO FEW people that I really can't even begin to understand it.  Blizzard had complained a while ago about no one was playing Horde because they didn't have enough pretty races. So how do Goblins, help with this?  Goblins are gnomes and orcs combined.  People in general hate both; its a two for one!

  Worgen on the other hand are monsters.  We kill a slew of them in Duskwood.  Are these supposed to be nice werewolves.  I think the story folks at Blizzard have been reading too many Twilight books.  This would be like taking Dragonkin and making THEM a playable race.  Even better making them an Alliance race?  I could all most see Worgens on the Horde, but the Alliance?  Supposedly there are some lore foundations for all this but people this seems like a bit of stretch.  I guess the folks at Blizzard felt a new Class would be too much work.  Which is probably called for considering how crazy powerful Death Knights are.  I play a Death Knight and I STILL feel they are crazy powerful.

   I will probably play a Worgen, in some fashion as an alt.  But there is NO FORCE ON EARTH THAT WILL GET ME TO PLAY A GOBLIN!  I don't care what their starting area looks like or what their racials are.  I just don't like them and never have.

   Considering we currently have a SERIOUS healer shortage on most servers considering the call seems to be going out DAILY for this instance or that instance that needs HEALS.  I would have thought that a new HEALER class would have been MUCH BETTER than ANY new races.  But hey, I guess I don't get paid to make these decisions so what do I know.  All I can say is that if we get an influx of Hunters, Rogues, and Warlocks.  Because they are SO COOL to play as Goblins or Worgen; I'm going to just roll my eyes and shake my head.  Considering the class imbalance is all ready there, I think it's up to Blizzard to do SOMETHING to fix it and making two new races really doesn't do that. Sorry guys, but I REALLY want to hear the explanation for this at Blizzcon, I'll be there.  Taking notes...

No comments: