Monday, March 2, 2009

Bitter about the Rivals (Warhammer)

  So yeah, I signed on for another month with Warhammer Online.  Mostly to try out the wonderful new classes on the PTS.  Once on there and playing my 31st level Slayer and then my 40th level Choppa.  I was immediately struck at how similar each felt to existing classes in the game.  The Slayer feels like the Marauder on Destruction side.  Right along with his semi squishy feel.  The Choppa is a direct port of good old Black Guard.  Even with the rage building on each side it seemed like they could have added some TRULY ORIGINAL stuff rather than just transplanting other mechanics and making them work a little differently.

   It was certainly fun to play both.  That isn't the issue.  As EVERY CLASS in Warhammer Online is fun to play.  There are no duds.  Which is certainly an achievement in a MMORPG.  But considering that, it seems like just about getting to a GREAT MMORPG isn't quite enough anymore.

   I don't really have time to play an MMORPG anymore and with my new level of work load I really I was just looking for an excuse to love Warhammer Online again.  And while I certainly DO love the game.  I won't be renewing my subscription next month.  By then I'll be knee deep in other games and I just won't have time to grind anyone to 40.

     I love MMORPGs and I'm REALLY excited to play all the announced titles coming out over the course of this year and the next.  But while wonderful.  The end game just doesn't interest me yet.  But I won't burn my bridge with Warhammer and it is currently the ONLY good alternative to World of Warcraft; who's fatal flaws I've all ready gone over.

      So good bye for now, fair Warhammer Online; I know we hardly knew each other but it doesn't detract from the beautiful thing we had.

No comments: