Thursday, January 29, 2009

Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning News: SO Much SO Fast, Not AT ALL what I was expecting!

 

        First I want to link you to the Press Release on this in case I miss something.  I am relatively used to big changes and big additions because I play World of Warcraft.  But this new Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning Release is a little more than I was ready for when they were simply; in the beginning, going to give us two new classes.

        This is, as the Release states:

"The Call to Arms live expansion, set to roll out for free in early March and running through the beginning of June, will also include three in-game live events, a new Realm vs. Realm™ (RvR) Scenario, added functionality to the Realm Wars section of the WAR website, the opening of the official WAR Forums, and a new free trial version of the game"

     This is all incredible stuff and not to be a jerk or anything.  I was really expecting them to fix what is out there rather than adding more to it.  But hey who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth.

       The sheer amount of stuff that they are adding, everything from a new zone to new scenarios.  Also the two classes will be connected to a Live Event.  This is all wonderful.  But as I said, I just thought they were going to add two classes to the roster.  Able to be played on Sunday or Monday.

      Finally, Murder Night Live Event(February 6th through the 15th) where people on both sides are going to be marked for death by Khaine or Lob Noggins.  I was certainly excited to hear about the specifics of the event.  The hints this event through various blogs were certainly fascinating enough; but the facts were even better.

    There is just SO MUCH here to be excited and interested about, but I was really hoping this stuff was going to happen sooner than later.  But I should have known that this isn't the way Mythic does things.  So I can wait and REALLY want to know what updates, fixes, and patches that are going to occur between now and then.

    

     So I have to say this was really the coolest thing that could have been sent to me; except maybe the confirmation that I'd be able to play a Choppa or Slayer tomorrow rather than in March.  But hey, good things come to those who wait.  For even more info on the Event and the new classes head over to Pauls Video Blog.  I'm sure he has a lot more to say and in a more entertaining way than I've been able to, here.

-Devilsalias

 

No comments: