Thursday, January 29, 2009

Warhammer 40K Ork Feature and some comments...

I've been playing the Beta for a while now and having a really good time. The game looks beautiful and certainly has some interesting and entertaining features. I would really love to play a little of the campaign before really making a statement about how good or bad the game is, but let me just make a couple of comments.

First and foremost, I don't like the fact that my hero unit is the end all and be all for the game's strategy. It's fun in Soulstorm because there are other units that are still usable and durable but in this game it seems like 60% of your other units are just cannon fodder.

Second, I really like the multiplayer capture system and especially the team games which are incredibly cool. I love having a bunch of different races playing against each other in an all out throw down. All the matches are 2v2 or 3v3 and are incredible fun. Just connecting with a bunch of people you don't know and fighting it out to the death when no one knows who's better is awesome.

Third, I really do like the way all the units look and play. I would really like to see more upgrades for your hero unit if they continue with the idea of focusing so much importance on it. A few of the current upgrades seem like throwaways and some seem like they take too much requisition or energy to get. Currently I love playing Orks and Tyranids. But I have played Space Marines in Team Battle to great success. It seems like all the races are well balanced and fun to play.

I honestly can't wait to see how many maps the game ships with and what the community does once a map editor is released. Currently the map selection is good, but I would really like to see more.

So go get the game, it's free to play the Beta right now. It may take a little bit for you to get the hang of how to play and what different units do; but hey we are all learning.... Hopefully the final product will be even better than the Beta.

-Devilsalias

No comments: