Sunday, July 3, 2011

Of Elder Gods and Archons!(My 1 Minute Review) (Dungeon Siege 3)

        Dungeon Siege 3 is a story heavy, action RPG.  The game follows the Legion, a group of knights, for lack of a better description; that have fallen out of favor with the world when this game begins.  Your battle throughout the game is mainly with Jeyne Kassynder and her forces.  The game is very loot driven, but about 2/3 of the way through this stops really being an issue.  I loved the game for the most part, playing it single player.  The choices you make in the game REALLY influence the ending that you get; and that’s cool.  I have to say that the only REAL issue I had with the game was the fact that there is no new game plus and that the loot that you get near the end of the game looks pretty but most of it is crap.

       However, the problems with the multiplayer/coop are probably too much to surmount for this title.  You cannot use your own character in someone else’s game, there is no loot segregation so playing with random people online is out.  And finally, when playing local multiplayer, the game constantly is trying to keep up with having two moving characters on-screen at the same time.

       While I love what this game was TRYING to do; I think it would have been a better game without it.  Perhaps, in Dungeon Siege IV.  But I DID love it single player, at least one time through.  For all these reasons I give Dungeon Siege 3 a 8/10 (XBOX360 version).

 

No comments: